Canadian International Scholarship
The Center for Engaged Learning Abroad – CELA-Belize, offers a variety of field courses for students over the winter break and during the summer for an enriching study abroad experience in English-speaking Belize. The courses carry three credit hours, transferrable to home institutions with prior approval.
The scholarship can be applied to any of our programs.
Scholarship application deadlines (apply as early as possible, space in classes is limited):
– October 1 for winter
– April 1 for summer
CELA Belize will sponsor scholarships for Canadian students in any of our courses or internships in each period (one for winter and one for summer session). Each scholarship has a value of 50% of the regular cost of a single course. Students may choose among any courses offered. Additional charges (late arrival/early departure, extra transcripts, credit from a U.S. college/university, etc.) will be charged directly to the student at their full price.
- Students must be a Canadian citizen and currently enrolled in a Canadian college or university program
- Students applying for the scholarship will submit the following documents
- A cover letter cover letter explaining their interests in anthropology, career plans, and how this trip will enhance their studies and move them forward toward their personal goals
- A current resume highlighting any past healthcare volunteer experiences
- An unofficial transcript from the student’s home college/university.
Evaluation Process for the Scholarship
CELA is looking for well-rounded students who have actively engaged in their communities and are clearly committed to a career in healthcare. While academic achievement is important, we will evaluate all documents submitted by the students.